a little Jenn, a little Tif

My friend Jenn just wrote a great post, to which I commented on her blog. Good stuff, people! In italics is a portion of Jenn's post, and what follows is the comment I posted.

When He is all I have, He is all I need. At times I feel like I have to pretend that it’s true so I can fake-it-to-make-it. And at other times, when there is no tidy solution or easy fix, I find myself certain that trusting in His faithfulness to carry me through is the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning.

He is my Keeper. And that is enough for me.


“When He is all I have, He is all I need”. I really love that God puts us in those positions to have – or feel like we have – nothing but Him. I mean, I hate it at first, and in the middle, and almost to the end but once I realize what He’s doing – that He is being jealous over me, then it gets to the lovin’ it part. I guess I don’t always realize that’s what God is doing. Often I get stuck in the sovereignty battle and just want God to give me whatever I want and fix it so I will feel better. So much of this, I think, is a lifelong thing. God shows us that He is all we need in a myriad of circumstances and life seasons. I think I’m in that spot now in one of the many life seasons of which God will be teaching me this same thing; God is really trying to show me that He is all I need but I’m still in the ‘I’m kinda mad about it because I think I’m not getting what I want” phase; but really, the true desire of my heart is to want Him. Even when I don’t always feel like that is my desire. I love that Jesus works those things out in us; I think it’s partially the result of us working together with God, ya those times when we pray to know that God is all we need (forgetting of course what a difficult thing that is to learn!) and partially just that God is a good and gracious Dad, giving us the very best even when we don’t see what the best actually is.

 

0 comments: