The move...

Strangely, I've been rather quiet in the blogging world about the move to Everett. And I'm not really sure why. I think maybe it's because when I blog, I think I should have a whole story. I mean, unless I have a cool picture, it doesn't do much justice to drop a one liner now does it?! I got away with that briefly about a week ago when I lumped several one liners into a post of things I needed to post about. And now I have posted about every other thing. Except for Everett.

I'm not really sure what the story is yet. This move didn't and doesn't make much logical sense to me. I mean, I pick up from a community of which I'm very established. Friends, church - where I was doing what I wanted to do regarding ministry with people I loved, a job (waiting tables yes - but making great money at a great restaurant) - to move even farther from home. But a few months ago, I felt transition was coming. I couldn't totally explain it and I didn't know what areas of my life it would affect - or if would even leave any areas of my life untouched. I simply didn't know. I just felt it coming.

Let me give a short and sweet version of the back story about Everett. Two + years ago, I started going to Living Hope. Joe and Charity Slawter were pastoring. They had planted and pastored LH for 10 years, and back in November felt God leading them to Everett, Wa (just outside of Seattle) for Joe to go on staff at New Life as a church planting pastor. (Basically, he coaches people in church planting.) Fast forward - we began talking about me coming to Everett as well (and wait just to clarify - I am not planting a church right now :)) So, one week after college graduation and one week ago, I packed up and headed - even farther - west.

So far, the transition is pretty much as I had expected it to be. So many of these parts remind me of when I moved to Coeur d'Alene... and then to Spokane. It's exciting to be in a new place. And it's scary. New surroundings and new people. I'm meeting new people all the time. And yet I'm lonely. I haven't found a niche yet. I miss my friends dearly. I miss normalcy. New surroundings. New people. New adventures. It's part of it. But it's only been a week. It won't always be new. And it won't always feel awkward. It just takes some settling in.

When I first thought and talked and prayed about moving here, I wasn't sure where God was leading. In lots of ways, I sensed Him giving me some open options. But the closer it came to moving, the more I thought that this move to Everett was the the right thing for right now. And that's as far as I can get. Even though this is still very much a bittersweet adventure, I really think God has me here for a purpose right now. He is teaching me SO much. This morning even, I am just awed by His grace. There's something about being out of the comfort zone that makes me think a little differently and realize all the more my desperate need for God. And that's a good place to be, even though it feels far from good.

The Slawters are loving on me well, and I'm really excited to see what God is unfolding in that BIG plan of His.

Thanks for reading.
I miss you and love you like crazy!

 

2 comments:

mom said...

Honey I can't stand the thought of you being lonely. I know there are a lot of changes and uncertainties in your life right now and I am praying for you, that God would take care of you and show you what He has for your future. i love you so very much, look for a love package in the net 2 or 3 days. I would be in that box if I could too. Call me anytime
Love mom

Tiffanie Paige said...

thanks Mom! you are so sweet! ;)
i love you