trusting Papaw

I just saw one of the sweetest things.

I'm sitting at the Rocket Bakery on Garland. There is a big picture window beside the front door so you have a pretty open view of the street outside. The Garland District (where RB is located) is an old part of Spokane. It has several little shops and many people walk to where they are going around here. Just outside the door there is a crosswalk. This is where "sweetest thing" took place.

A papaw and a little boy had been in Rocket B and were walking out together. The little boy was just ahead of his Pap. Once he reached the crosswalk, he stopped, looked up at Papaw, and held out his hand for Papaw to hold so they could cross the street together. The little blonde-haired guy was full of energy but he didn't want to walk by himself. He didn't seem to be afraid; He just seemed to know that it was better to go with Papaw. He didn't have to be forced to take a hand; He offered his own willingly, knowing that was just the best thing. After they crossed the street, he went back to running and being full of energy.

I get that this is a very common thing. Little tiny folks grab the hands of adults all the time as they take on ventures they just aren't ready to do on their own. But something caught my attention about this little guy and the trust he had in his Papaw.
Actually, it reminds me of my own relationship with God. I want to be able to trust Him more often with that same look of delight and complete contentment that that little man did. It just seems like so much fun! :)

Here's a picture of another little one with her Papaw.
This is my niece Mariah and my stepdad Dennis. They love each other so very much!
Aren't they somethin'? ;)

 

0 comments: