so far....

I'm in Tennessee right now and having a blast so far!
I'm quite glad that I made it seeing as how Spokane is experiencing a blizzard right now! I think the last I heard was 27 in. and it's still coming down hard. Things are actually closed down which is a rarity in our town. My pals are snuggled up inside and definitely snowed in. Let's pray that folks keep their power and stay warm!
This trip has proven to be the worst as far as jet lag is concerned. Usually, I don't have any problems adjusting after the first day, but I cannot seem to get my body used to Tennessee time. The goal is to wake up early tomorrow - no matter what time I actually get to bed tonight - and just tough it out. I keep going to bed late and then waking up late - which is actually the normal Spokane time. My body is a tad confused. So hopefully my tomorrow plan will work. *I may have to employ some full bodied caffeinated coffee, and forego the usual decaf to get the intended results, but hey that should work right?

Onto a great moment from the mind of a child....
I got to spend the afternoon with my mom and my adorable little niece, Mariah, who is 8 years old. This kid has such a tender heart and is one of the most dramatic little chicks I know. (I usually get a bit of flack for this because neither her mother or my other sister are dramatic so usually they attribute that little fabulous characteristic to Yours Truly!) Anyways, I'll let you in on the conversation that took place today while we were in the Walmart parking lot after having previously left the mall.

Mariah: "Look at those little birds trying to find some food to eat."
Pause. (for dramatic effect of course.)
"If only I collected worms!........I saw a worm in the parking lot at the mall."

So cute! I loved this conversation. Probably among my favorite moments with this little one.

More tender Tennessee moments to come in the next couple weeks! :)

 

0 comments: