lights! music! Christmas!

Downtown Spokane is spectacular around the holidays! I absolutely love the way they (whoever the proverbial "they" are) decorate in such grandiose holiday attire! The streets are lined with lights on the lamp posts along with decorations. There is a humongous tree in the middle of the downtown mall. People are all over the place doing Christmas shopping, simultaneously sipping some form of a hot liquid out of those (RED) cups from the coffee place that can be found on every corner here. Restaurants are packed with holiday parties benefiting (if they tip well) all who are involved. Not to mention Christmas music is playing in background every where you go. Face it - it just doesn't leave your noggin through the month of December. I really enjoy the festivity!
I love that God blesses us in letting us enjoy the small things as well as the big things in life. It's just another way that I know He loves me. It was such a great reminder as I was downtown tonight even. To know that God just loves me so much. It's sweet when He reminds me even in the smallest ways to reflect back on the biggest demonstration of His love - that He would give His life to be with me.

 

0 comments: