from flicker to flame



There's a candle burning, the flames at both ends
Any attempts are welcomed to slow it by an exacerbated wind
Still it burns; the heat rising, the wax falling
The light is soon fading.
The pressure so intense, and for what?
To be left in the dark?

I want to trade this melting candle
To give it up in exchange for Love
To cease striving to maintain my little flicker
One that's too quickly fleeting

There's something better that's not my own
The Light that never retires
Rather continually ignites
Building a fire, fanning a flame
Of passion, hope, desire, and love
Light that consumes me, not to harm but to relieve

In His Light, I can just be.
No need to worry, No place for fear
It's not mine to keep lit, or maintain
Responsibility rests in the hand of the Maker of the flame
The Consumed now radiates for His glory.

____________________________________________________________