touchdown, Tennessee

No, not the UT Vols scoring. Just me landing in Rocky Top.
I am dog-tired still. Flight from Seattle departed at midnight on Saturday, so needless to say I pretty much missed a night's sleep. But hey- I survived college with occasional all-nighters so I can pull on more, right?! I don't know, it seems more like there is a special grace you get in college to do things like that. I only graduated a couple months ago, but I am still trying to recover from the flight sleep loss! Either way,....well worth it!
I heart Tennessee. I love seeing my family - my amazing family! Hugging on them. Getting to spend time with them.
I am absolutely ecstatic at the thought that I will be living much closer here in a few weeks. Colorado is still far - a 24 hour drive - but at least it is only 1 flight away, not two or three, and it is about half the cost. Hopefully, this means that trips back to the hometown may happen more frequently. Oh I hope so!
Besides my fam - and other folks here who I dearly love there are other small things that make it a favorite place to visit.
Like.... the sound of crickets at night, downpours of rain - and it stays hot instead of getting really cold, Mexican food, sweet tea, hearing southern accents.
So what about you? What are some of your favorite things about the place you grew up, where you live now, or your fave place to visit?

 

0 comments: